Inner South Arts Hub | ART AFTER DARK + ART AND RIDE | Friday 11 November 2016
INNER SOUTH ARTS HUB 2016
ART AFTER DARK | ART + RIDE
The Inner South Arts Hub is a collective of established and active contemporary art galleries and spaces based in Canberra’s leafy inner South. Encompassed within this creative precinct are organisations PhotoAccess, ArtSound FM, Bilk Gallery, Canberra Contemporary Artspace Manuka, Canberra Glassworks, M16 Artspace and Megalo Print Studio + Gallery.
The Inner South Arts Hub warmly invites you to attend our exciting evening of events taking place on Friday 11 November 2016 from 5pm-8pm.
Art After Dark
The Inner South Arts Hub collective are once again collaborating to bring you a packed program of events for Arts After Dark that will see their doors open from 5pm-8pm on Friday 11 November 2016. The Art After Dark programs include open studios, art making workshops, exhibition openings and more! Great opportunity to gallery hop! This is the third annual Art After Dark program produced by the Inner South Arts Hub.
- Artsound FM will be offering tours of its studios. Attendees will get a taste of what it's like to be a radio presenter - they'll get to sit in the hot seat and can capture the moment and share it via Instagram or Facebook. As part of the experience, they'll also have the opportunity to record a radio promo that might be broadcast.
- Bilk Gallery will be hosting a late night exhibition viewing of Alternative Views by jewellers Larah Nott and Jo Hawley.
- Canberra Contemporary Artspace Manuka will be hosting a late night exhibition viewing of Lapin by Rebecca Selleck.
- At the Canberra Glassworks you will be able to enjoy the exhibition opening of In Depth by Joanna Bone. You can also watch the free glass making demos in the hotshop, or sign-up for the Beers, Burgers & Blow Glass* event where you’ll make your own middy in the hotshop with a professional artist and then enjoy a Brodburger beer! *Cost: $120 (excludes postage) / Duration: 40 minutes (in the hotshop).
- M16 Artspace are celebrating the opening of the exhibition memoria, plate by artists Tiff Brown, Sarit Cohen, Mac Nichols, Mark Mohell, Peter Ranyard and Peter Rohen.
- Megalo Print Studio + Gallery invite you to join them for Summer Sangria and the closing event of Ellie Malin’s exhibition L U D I O U S.
- PhotoAccess is celebrating the launch of its 2016 Residents Season with the opening of two exhibitions featuring work by PhotoAccess artists-in-residence: Finding Focus by Laura Hindmarsh and Temporality by Enrico Scotece.
- Also, before 9pm you can enjoy the CONTOUR 556 six-channel video installation Water Stories by Alexander Boynes and PRAXIS at the Fitters’ Workshop.
Art + Ride
For those who are wanting to get some exercise on the way and show off their active wear, join the fabulous Rat Patrol with your own bike as they lead a free tour of the Inner South Arts Hub. Art + Ride begins at 6pm at M16 Artspace then tours to Bilk Gallery, CCAS Manuka, PhotoAccess, Artsound FM, Canberra Glassworks and Megalo Print Studio + Gallery.
For further information about the Art After Dark and Art + Ride events, please refer to this Facebook event, or any of the organisations’ websites:
It should be a fabulous evening, and we hope you can join us!