The Sound of Silence | Digital Storytelling project | EOI
DIGITAL STORYTELLING PROJECT | THE SOUND OF SILENCE | EOI
PhotoAccess is delighted to be partnering with ACT Deafness Resource Centre and Gen S Stories on the Digital Storytelling project The Sound of Silence, providing a free digital storytelling course to members of the hearing-impaired community living in Canberra. The project will provide professional support for up to eight people to each make a 3-5 minute film about a personal story related to their own hearing loss or that of a family member.
The course involves 24 hours total contact time. These hours are spread over six weeks, with each session lasting four hours. In addition you will be offered a one-on-one two hour tutorial in script development. Making a digital story also involves some homework – writing your script and collecting images. You will be the film-maker, writing your own script, recording your own voice-over and making your own images (we will provide you with the skills, facilities and equipment to help you do this). The digital stories will be screened publicly at a launch, and also be published online. The course will be held at PhotoAccess. You will be working on Mac computers, and no experience is necessary. The workshops are safe, fun, creative and professional. If you want to remain completely anonymous, you can still make an engaging digital story.
Here’s who we’re looking for
- you need to be able to participate fully in each workshop, be part of a group, and be able to tell a personal story
- you need to be able to commit to all 26 hours of workshops (6 x 4 hours per week + 2 hours script development). Unfortunately we can’t offer partial or casual attendance
- you need to be okay with your digital story being screened at a public launch during Hearing Awareness Week and published on ACT Deafness Resource Centre's website, and being part of the collection produced as a USB. You will need to sign a participant’s agreement to this effect
Key dates and times (at PhotoAccess)
- Workshop one, 3:30pm-7:30pm Thursday 27 April 2017
- Workshop two, 3:30pm-7:30pm Thursday 11 May 2017
- Workshop three, 3:30pm-7:30pm Thursday 18 May 2017
- Workshop four, 3:30pm-7:30pm Thursday 25 May 2017
- Workshop five, 3:30pm-7:30pm Thursday 1 June 2017
- Workshop six, 3:30pm-7:30pm Thursday 8 June 2017
To sign-up for this free course fill out the enrolment form here (three spots available).
Any questions? contact Glenn Vermeulen on 6287 4393 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding for this project generously provided by artsACT.