Annual General Meeting notice | 6pm Thursday 20 April 2017
PhotoAccess Incorporated 2017 Annual General Meeting, 6pm Thursday 20 April 2017
The 2017 Annual General Meeting of PhotoAccess Incorporated will be held at 6pm on Thursday 20 April 2017, in the PhotoAccess Teaching Room at the Manuka Arts Centre, corner Manuka Circle and New South Wales Crescent Griffith ACT, to conduct the following business:
1. Receive apologies
2. Confirm the minutes of the 2016 Annual General Meeting
3. Receive and adopt the Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2016, including the auditor's report and the report from the board stating: the names of board members, principal activities during the year including any significant changes, the net profit (surplus) or loss (deficit) for the financial year
4. Conduct an election for a new board of between seven and 10 members, including Chair, Deputy Chair, Treasurer, Secretary and three to six ordinary members. Nominations of candidates for election as office-bearers of the association or as ordinary board members must be made in writing, signed by two voting members and accompanied by the written consent of the candidate, and be delivered to PhotoAccess at least one day before the date fixed for the holding of the annual general meeting. The Board Nomination Form is available at Appendix 3 (page 18) of the constitution (here)
5. Appoint the auditor for 2017
6. Special resolutions to amend clause 3 (5) and 40 (1) of the constitution, please see details below
7. Other business
Copies of relevant papers will be available at the meeting or can be obtained by contacting the office. RSVPs encouraged.
If needed, a proxy form is available in the appendix of the PhotoAccess constitution
Special resolutions | Details of proposed amendment to PhotoAccess constitution
RELEVANT PARTS OF CURRENT CONSTITUTION
3. Programs to support the objects
To these ends the association will pursue activities to support the objects, including but not limited to these principal activities:
(4) maintain bank accounts to properly safeguard and account for monies received by the association
(5) maintain a fund known as the PhotoAccess Donations Fund and a separate bank account in that name administered according to rules established by the association to receive gifts and apply donated funds for the objects of the association
(7) maintain practices and procedures to ensure proper and responsible use of its resources and appropriate accounting for and reporting on their use.
40. Winding up
(1) If the association or the PhotoAccess Donations Fund is wound up or if the endorsement (if any) of the association as a deductible gift recipient is revoked, any surplus assets of the association or the PhotoAccess Donations Fund remaining after the payment of liabilities attributable to it shall be transferred to a fund, authority or institution to which income tax deductible gifts can be made.
(2) A fund, authority or institution nominated under rule 40 (1) must fulfil the requirements specified in the Act, section 92 (2).
- Amend clause 3 (5) to “receive and manage all donations to enable their accurate reporting and use consistent with the objects of the association and as required by the PhotoAccess board and in accordance with any relevant legislation or rules to maintain the tax deductibility of gifts and donations”
- Amend clause 40 (1) to delete the words “or the PhotoAccess Donations Fund”
Reason for amendment
PhotoAccess has Deductible Gift Recipient status enabling it to receive tax deductible donations. The obligations on PhotoAccess to maintain this status do not require that donations be placed in a separate account. The maintenance of the current Donations Fund account is administratively cumbersome. The amendment will simplify the administration of donations while ensuring that PhotoAccess’ status as a Deductible Gift Recipient is maintained and appropriate use and reporting of donations continues.